The Chondro-Gide® product range for different indications
Chondro-Gide® can be used in the treatment of cartilage defects of different sizes. Three different product sizes allow the surgeon to choose the best match. For optimum fit, the matrix can be cut to shape in dry or wet state.
The products of Geistlich Pharma enjoy a high reputation worldwide and are used and recommended by leading physicians. Our products are manufactured to high quality standards and are subjected to independent scientific examination and testing.
Bilayer Collagen Matrix
Chondro-Gide® is the leading natural collagen matrix in cartilage regeneration. This easy to handle matrix can be used to treat cartilage defects with various surgical methods. Chondro-Gide® consists of native collagen. The unique bilayer structure of the matrix is manufactured in a patented process.
Surgical Techniques using Chondro-Gide®
- AMIC® (Autologous Matrix-Induced Chondrogenesis) is a single step, cost efficient and effective technique for treating traumatic cartilage defects. Chondro-Gide® offers a protective environment for cell differentiation and the formation of new cartilage.
- ACI (Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation): Chondro-Gide® provides an ideal 3D supportive matrix for adherence of autologous cultured chondrocytes and encourages their proliferation.
Why do leading surgeons use Chondro-Gide®?
Scientific studies provide proof of the efficiency of Chondro-Gide® as the leading collagen matrix in cartilage regeneration
- The matrix has a unique bilayer structure
- Chondro-Gide® has high tensile strength and excellent handling properties
- Chondro-Gide® promotes the chondrogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells in the AMIC® technique
- Chondro-Gide® encourages proliferation and enrichment of the extracellular matrix in ACI.