MicroAire’s patented single-portal endoscopic carpal tunnel release system uses a small incision at the base of the wrist as the entry point for a disposable blade assembly. Once inside, an endoscope provides a clear view of the underside of the transverse carpal ligament and surrounding anatomy. With the disposable blade assembly accurately positioned beneath the transverse carpal ligament, the retractable blade is elevated by a trigger, and the ligament is incised with a few strokes.
Advantages of the SmartRelease Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release System
- Distal to proximal approach, scope visualization – see what you cut before you cut it.
- Precision blade actuated via pistol-grip handpiece, raises and lowers vertically to cut the transverse carpal ligament.
Safe & Effective
“Single-portal endoscopic surgery is a safe and effective method of treating carpal tunnel syndrome.”1
Low Rate of Complications
“…ECTR provides a high rate of success for patients with CTS, with low rates of complication and symptom recurrence.”2
“Endoscopic carpal tunnel release is a safe and cost-effective technique that, compared to the open carpal tunnel release improves patient outcome in the first three months following treatment.”1
Faster Return to Work
The improvement in median time of return to work for these patients in the device group was 29 days.”3
1. “Single-Portal Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Compared with Open Release” Trumble TE, Diao E, Abrams RA, Gilbert-Anderson MM. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery 2002; 84:1107-115
2. “Results of Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Relative to Surgeon Experience w=With the Agee Technique.” Beck JD, Deegan, JH, Rhoades D, Klena JC. Journal of Hand Surgery, 2011; 36A:61-64
3. Agee JM, McCarroll J, Tortosa RD, et al. Endoscopic release of the carpal tunnel: a randomized prospective multicenter study. J Hand Surg [Am]1992;17:987–995